Stapleton Single Family Homes
January 23, 2012
Concrete Basement Foundation
- Eight foot tall poured concrete basement foundation walls engineered per soils report recommendations
- Windows in basement as depicted on floor plan drawings for each particular home
- Foundation drains installed per soils report connected to an interior sump pit with sump pump piped to the exterior of the house.
- Exterior sprayed foundation damp-proofing below grade
- Cultured stone or thin brick applied on front porch piers (as applicable per house elevation)
- Color coating exterior of exposed foundation
Concrete Basement Floor Slab
- Poured concrete basement slab engineered per soils report recommendations
- Sub-slab plumbing waste lines for future full bath in basement (does not include additional hot water heater capacity which is available as an option)
- Floor drain in basement mechanical area
Framing Carpentry and Lumber
- Finger joint 2” x 6” studs used on all exterior walls of the home to decrease warping. All remaining walls of the house and the garage use finger jointed 2” x 4” studs.
- Structurally engineered framing system including floor joists, roof trusses and lateral wind shear walls
- ¾” thick, tongue and groove OSB sub-floor which is glued, nailed and screwed
- ½” Structural Insulated Sheathing with joints taped is used on all exterior walls of the home, adding R-3 to the wall assembly. In most cases the garages are sheathed with O.S.B and wrapped with Tyvek House Wrap. Where fire rated walls are required an alternative sheathing is used.
- Nine foot tall 1st and 2nd floor walls (With the exception of the Hudson Valley home which features ten foot walls on the 1st floor.)
Windows and Doors
- Low-E Glass on all windows
- Vinyl double pane windows with integral grills and removable screens. Grill patterns vary per house elevations
- All single hung windows feature operable lower sash.
- All exterior doors feature brushed nickel entry hardware including deadbolt lock
- All exterior doors feature manufacturer weather-stripping
Roofing and Gutters
- Tamko Heritage laminated asphalt shingles, (includes manufacturer 30 year warranty on materials), installed over synthetic underlayment with rolled ridge vent
- Ice and Water Shield at roof eaves and valleys
- Flat roof deck surfaces over finished spaces (2nd story porch floors over mudrooms, second story porches with door access and optional garage decks) feature Duradek waterproof membrane. Non-accessible flat roof areas feature EPDM roofing membrane.
- Primed and painted galvanized gutters and downspouts with tilt down galvanized extensions.
Exterior Siding and Trim
- “Weatherboard” fiber-cement composition siding manufactured by Certainteed (in style and reveal pattern per architectural plan)
Heating and Ventilation
- High efficiency (92%), Lennox gas furnace (forced air system sized to plan) with combustion air intake from outside.
- All return air ducts are hard ducted (as opposed to using wall or ceiling cavities).
- All ductwork joints are sealed with mastic to minimize air leakage.
- Programmable thermostat on first floor level allowing user programmed settings for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- Locations of supply and return registers may vary, even between similar homes
- Air conditioning system available as an option
- A Panasonic Whisper Green fan is installed in each home. This fan is designed to provide mechanical ventilation for the entire house, an important element of the Energy Star program. This fan operates continuously in order to meet recommended ventilation levels in each home and features a motion detector that increases its speed when the room is in use. Specific locations will vary by house plan.
- PEX Water Delivery System used in all homes
- ABS plumbing waste and vent lines except vertical waste stacks which are cast iron (to reduce sound transmission).
- Kohler brushed nickel single lever faucet in kitchen, and Kohler Devonshire brushed nickel faucets in all bath rooms
- American standard low-flow (1.6 gallons per flush) elongated toilets in all baths
- American standard pedestal sink in powder room
- Five foot American Standard soaking tub in master bathroom
- Separate shower stall with fiberglass shower pan in master bathroom
- All showers include a thermostatic valve to prevent scalding
- All homes are equipped with a vacation valve, allowing water shut off to the house while leaving the exterior sprinkler system operable.
- American Standard steel tubs in all secondary baths
- Two exterior frost free hose bibs
- Rinnai tank-less hot water heater – Standard homes will feature a heater that will produce enough hot water to accommodate two major appliances (shower, dishwasher, washing machine) simultaneously. When a loft and/or basement bath is added the heater will be upgraded to produce enough hot water to supply three major appliances running simultaneously.
- Stainless steel under mount kitchen sink
- American Standard drop in bath sinks
Electrical and Low Voltage Wiring
- 200 Amp electrical service with exterior panel box featuring re-settable breakers
- Electrical service to detached garage to provide lighting and receptacles for future garage door openers
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors installed per code
- Satin nickel lighting package
- Four universal outlets (two CAT-5, two RG6)
- Two data/voice outlets (two CAT-5)
- One Future Smart Panel (4 Quads & 2- T2 connections)
- Air tight recessed cans
- Four speaker pre-wires on 1st floor
- Security system featuring exterior door and motion sensors, a key pad at the back door and in the master bedroom, a siren and one year of monitoring service. (The monitoring service requires a telephone land line. Customers who prefer not to obtain a telephone land line can add a communicator to their security panel for an additional charge.)
- Ceiling fan pre-wire in Master Bedroom and Family Room.
- Rocker style light switches throughout
- ENVI Current Cost Energy Monitor to allow monitoring of electrical usage and costs
Fireplace and Surround
- Standard 36” vented gas fireplace located in Family Room
- Standard glass front panel (blower fan and remote control available as option)
- Painted colonial style wooden mantel with choice of marble hearth and surround
- R-23 blown-in fiberglass insulation in all 2 x 6 framed exterior walls, R-21 fiberglass batt insulation installed at rim joist. R-38 blown-in fiberglass insulation in all flat roof attic, vaulted or loft ceilings. In rare cases R- 38 batt insulation may be substituted. R-11 insulation (floor to ceiling) on all basement exterior walls
- All exterior wall penetrations and windows and doors are foamed
- Acoustical insulation installed in all interior walls surrounding bath and laundry areas to minimize sound transmission.
Drywall and Paint Specifications
- ½” smooth finish drywall on all walls within all finished areas (including stairwell to unfinished basement area. 5/8” smooth finish drywall on all ceilings within all finished areas
- DensSheild tile backer on all shower and tub walls
- Rounded drywall corners
- Within all finished areas, a primer is applied and two coats of Kwal flat latex paint are applied to all interior wall and ceiling surfaces
- Kwal egg shell latex paint is used on walls and ceilings of full baths in addition to all interior trim and doors
- Choice of six interior paint colors, allowing one color choice for all walls within home. All ceilings throughout home are painted white shadow and interior trim and doors are painted white. The walls and ceilings of all closets except the master bedroom closet are painted the custom color.
Interior Stairs and Rails
- Stairs and landings from the first to the second floor are fully carpeted. Hand rails are stained Hemlock. (best effort is made to closely match the stain color of the hardwood flooring but different woods accept stain in different shades). Balusters and newels are painted.
- Stairs to unfinished basement are painted and include wall mounted handrail
- Loft stairs (if applicable) are fully carpeted including landing
Interior Trim and Doors
- Standard three-piece crown molding throughout the entire first floor (excluding kitchen which already includes cabinet grade crown molding installed on cabinets).
- Standard chair rail molding is installed in the dining room
- Interiors of all windows are fully cased with wood trim.
- Standard six-panel hollow-core doors installed throughout home
- Oversize 5 ¼” colonial base molding throughout home
- Oversize 3 ¼” window and door casing throughout home
- Authentic window and door head trim features installed throughout home. (Due to clearance requirements on specific windows and doors this may not apply in all cases.)
- Kwikset brushed nickel Lido lever handle door hardware on all interior doors
- Bath hardware (towel bars, t.p. holder, etc…) in brushed nickel finish
- Framed brushed nickel shower door in master bath with clear glass
- Plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, door hardware, and bath hardware are supplied by different manufacturers resulting in variations in the brushed nickel finish.
- Standard 12” x 12” white ceramic tile flooring in all bath and laundry areas (except powder room which features hardwood flooring).
- Standard 12” x 12” white ceramic wall tile in all tub and shower surrounds.
Cabinetry and Countertops
- Professionally designed kitchen and bath layouts utilizing choice of raised panel oak front or flat panel maple front cabinetry
- Kitchen cabinets feature 42” wall cabinets and standard crown molding trim
- 36” tall master bath vanity
- Slab granite countertops with backsplash in kitchen and butler pantry (if applicable to floor plan), available in 2 standard colors
- Standard double bowl, stainless steel, under mount sink in kitchen
- Bathrooms feature slab granite counter tops available in 2 standard colors except the powder room which features a pedestal sink
- Kenmore 30” stainless steel, gas cooktop (see sales agent for model information)
- Kenmore 30” stainless steel double wall oven (see sales agent for model information)
- Kenmore 24” Built-in stainless steel dishwasher (see sales agent for model information)
- Kenmore 30” Microwave-Hood (see sales agent for model information)
- Insinkerator Badger One – 1/3 HP Disposal
- Icemaker Hook-up provided for future refrigerator
- Standard 2 ¼” wide, pre-finished oak hardwood flooring with stained quarter round molding throughout the entire first floor
- All remaining finished areas (excluding tiled areas) feature 3/8” pad with Home Foundations Roadside wall-to-wall carpeting or equal.
- Each home includes a large two-car garage
- Exterior Garage walls are sheathed with 15/32” O.S.B. and wrapped with Tyvek house wrap
- Garages feature an enlarged garage door (16’ wide x 8’ high) and exterior trim and siding specifications comparable to those used on the home
- Concrete slab within the garage and concrete driveway are standard
- A garage door opener with two remotes is standard
- The interior of the garage is unfinished (although finish options are available)
- Concrete stepping stones or sidewalk installed from the garage to the back porch
- A number of house types include covered front porch. Where applicable, porch floor is composite decking. Porch railing is installed where required by code (full porch rails are not standard but are available as an option)
- Front steps may be concrete or composite decking material per plan with hand rail installed per code.
- Fully landscaped front and rear yards in accordance with landscape plan (see Sales Agent for details). Rear yard will have shrubs and mulch on the outside of the fence along the alley, one tree in the rear yard. A drip water system is provided to the shrubs. Note that some settlement in yard areas may occur and will be corrected in accordance with limited warranty standards. Improvements installed by Purchaser following closing are not warranted in the event of such settlement
- Foundation plantings are intentionally varied from lot to lot to create a diverse streetscape, as a result, variation from lot to lot will occur
- Painted wood picket may be pre-selected on fronts of particular lots (see Sales Agent for specific information).
- Un-painted 5’ high wood privacy fencing including a lattice top is installed in the rear yard area to provide a fully enclosed yard area. One wood gate is provided at alley and one of the side yard areas (An additional rear yard gate is added with all attached garage options.)
- Sprinkler system with controls located in garage is installed to provide irrigation of all plant material installed
- Soils test and inspection completed for each lot and individually engineered foundation and concrete basement slab design designed to correspond to soils conditions
- An independent geotechnical engineering firm conducts numerous inspections of each home to verify soils conditions and to inspect the footings (or caissons), foundation, damp-proofing, drain tile and compaction of foundation backfill and utility trenches
- Ductwork in each home is pressure tested by an independent testing company to assure that duct leakage does not exceed 10%
- A thermal bypass inspection is completed in each home by an independent energy rating company to verify proper construction techniques and compliance with Energystar requirements prior to installation of drywall within each home.
- An independent testing firm completes a blower door test on each home to verify that air leakage within the entire home meets Energy Star standards.
Green Construction Techniques
- All homes are independently tested and verified as Energy Star compliant.
- Low VOC content paints are used on all interior walls and ceilings.
- Passive radon system with sub-slab collector pipes routed up through roof.
- Double pane, Low-E glass windows
- Photo Voltaic Solar Systems are available as an option. Purchasers are encouraged to meet with our solar consultant in advance of their new home purchase to understand the suitability of each particular lot and home for the installation of a solar photovoltaic system (see sales agent for details).
- All light fixtures are equipped with compact fluorescent bulbs to use less energy.
- Mechanical Ventilation provided by a Panasonic Whisper Green fan located in each home (location varies by house plan). This fan operates continuously in order to meet recommended ventilation levels in each home
- The warranty on the home is provided through the Residential Warranty Corporation
- The warranty is a 10 year limited written warranty for new homes (see RWC warranty booklet for complete information)